Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 28 - Queen Elizabeth's Leadership

Lesson had to start late today because one of our trip members had high fever last night and was sent to the hospital today to give blood samples. Therefore at 1pm, the class start with Miss Neo showing Elizabeth on the screen. I was rather happy that the lesson started late because I was really in need to catch up with my sleep. ^_^

During the lesson, Miss Neo only showed us some scenes in the movie that potrays Queen Elizabeth's leadership.
After showing the scenes, she started to teach the second last chapter on Communication. In this second lasy chapter on Communication, I was taught that there are 4 communication styles. They are readers, listeners, manipulators and viewers style.
1) Readers
Readers style are for those who prefer print, send messages and ask for responses in writing. They prefer to read and study ideas rather than listen.
2) Listeners
Listeners styles are for those who prefer to be told the short version of a story. They remember what they hear, rather than what they read.
3) Manipulators
Manipulators style are for those who require a hands-on approach to take in messages. They want to show the actual physical problem rather than tell or report about it.
4) Viewers
Viewers style are for those who love drawings, videos, diagrams, flocharts and models.
After lesson, we returned to our dormitories with an assignment in hand. We were suppose to write a reflection on Queen Elizabeth's leadership in the movie. Here is what I wrote for the first paragraph! If you like it, you can find me to read more! ^_^
"Queen Elizabeth is a leader that possesses many great qualities. She has a vision of earning her people's love through respect, understanding and being unprejudiced. As a leader, she accepts the opinions of her advisors but at the same time thinks rationally and decides on what is the right thing to do." ^_^
Reflection
I find the show very interesting and rather meaningful. As a female leader, the scenes we watched really illustrated how superior and respected she was by her people. After the show, I really looked up to Queen Elizabeth and was inspired to be a leader as good as her. Back in Singapore, I think Mr Lee Kuan Yew is one leader that I can think of that has good leadership qualities. In the past, he led Singapore and built Singapore to what it is now. Without him, I do not think Singapore would be on the international stage doing extraordinary things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment