Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 25 - To The Top of Mount Wudang! [Part 2]

As I woke up this morning, the weather was quite cold. That was not the only problem. The electricity in my room bail out on me! So I had no choice but to borrow Si Hao's toilet to bath. After bathing, my whole body was shivering to the extend that I wore 3 layers of clothing to stayed warm. We had our breakfast and finally set out to climb the Holy Mount Wudang! As I took my first step to climb the mountain, I also took out my camera to take my first picture on the mountain! ^_^

As I continued walking further, I was still so amazed by the view that I decided to take a picture of myself and the view together! ^_^

The picture I took was when I was at the Gold-Gold Hole. We had to go through the Moon Goddess To The Golden Summit, which is where I need and want to reach! Here are some of the things I saw as I was walking to my next checkpoint, the Yellow Dragon Summit.

At the Yellow Dragon Summit checkpoint, I rested for about 5 minutes and continued my climb with 3 of my friends to the top!

After climbing for about 30 minutes, I reached a checkpoint whereby the path is split into two. Basically there are two paths, a 1.40km path and a 1.80km path. From what I was told by the tour guide, although the 1.40km route is shorter, it is the harder path to climb because it is steeper compared to the 1.80km path. However, due to ego and wanting to challenge ourselves, together with my three friends Si Hao, Noor and Irfan, we decided to climb the tougher route! ^_^
As we were walking up, there was construction going on at the mountain. The workers were putting cement into the rectangular stones with the round pointed head. I think they are trying to built a stone fence to prevent people from falling over the mountain and making the path safer.


This was what I meant by stone fence. ^_^

So after a long climb, we thought that we had reach the Golden Summit but we were wrong! It was only the First Heaven Gate! I was tired but I could not possibly stop here. So after resting for about 5 to 10 minutes, we continued to climb up the mountain! ^_^

Just when I was about to continue climbing, I saw something red far ahead of me. Then I realized something. Before the start of the climb, I remembered that there were 3 heaven gates and we are only at the first one! So my guess is that the small red thing is the Second Heaven Gate! Good luck Fathullah, you have a long way to go! ^_^

Look, it's ice! ^_^

While we walking on a straight path, we encounted something interesting. It is a fallen tree blocking the path! I wonder if there are such interesting encounters if we were to walk the other path. ^_^

So after crossing the tree, we reached Huixian Bridge. It should be a checkpoint since there were shops selling food and drinks. Despite the checkpoint, my friends and I did not stop to rest and continued climbing up the flight of steep steps. At this point, I came to realize that there were no elderly climbing this path! Only children, teenagers and adults were taking this path. Maybe the path is really tough to handle since I even saw someone vomitting.

So after a tough climb, we finally reached the Second Heaven Gate! ^_^

We did not rest and continued to climb up the mountain till we reach a split path again. However this time, the path is not part of the path that was created for the climbers. We took a detour and skip the Third Heaven Gate! ^_^

So after the detour, we went back on track to head for our destination, the Golden Summit! As I was walking to the Golden Summit, I saw many tents! The Taoists monks must be living there. Not only that, I also saw the Taoist classic library! I wonder what kind of books they have in the library. Maybe they have a book that teaches kung fu! However due to time constraint, I was not able to take a look at the library. A little bit more before I reach the top! ^_^

After walking past the Taoist Classic Library, we finally arrived at the Golden Summit ticketing area where our tour guide was waiting for us with our tickets. Just for your information, each ticket to the Golden Summit costs 20RMB which is about $4. At the ticketing area, I saw a few interesting things such as the Bell Tower!

As I was walking to the top, this are some of the pictures that I took. ^_^

These are locks of the people who climbed up to the top of the mountain. The locked their locks on the chain along the stairs as a form of remembrance that on has reached the peak. It was also said it is also used to give luck to their loved ones.

So finally after 2 and a half hours of climbing, I finally reach the Golden Summit! ;D

Touching the bronze bars will give luck. ^_^

So that was the end of the journey to the top of Mount Wudang! When I was standing at the top of the mountain, I felt satisfied despite the cramps I had in my legs. Now I understand why the people who were going down the mountain had wide smiles on their faces. It was the smile of satisfaction! As I went down the mountain, it was horrible. The cramps on my legs were really hurting. However I managed to get back to the foot of the mountain safe and sound and we were finally leaving Wudang Mountain back for WUST. ^_^

When I finally arrived home, the first thing I ate was Halal satays! After 25 days of stay in Wuhan, I finally found halal satays to eat. What an end to the weekend. ^_^

Reflection

Honestly after today's climb, I felt quite disappointed with my fitness level. Although I did reach the top of the mountain, I could not go down the mountain at the same pace as my friends because I had leg cramps. Each time I walk down a flight of steps and see workers carrying sedans or workers carrying raw rubbish down the mountain, I had mixed feelings. I felt happy that the were able to cope with their work but at the same time, I felt very sad that they have to do such hard labour for money. I am sure that whatever hard labour they go through everyday is almost the same or maybe even worse off compared to the construction workers in Singapore. However the difference between them and the workers in Singapore, the workers in Singapore are much more well paid compared to them. I am sure that if they get a chance to work in Singapore, they will seize it. The strength, patience and determination potrayed by these workers are just out of the ordinary. I am sure most of the Singaporeans do not have even half of the will these workers have and I really respect them.

I found this at the top of the mountain on my way down. Just thinking about the sentence. It generates crazy thoughts. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment