Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 15 - Interim Presentation, Pizza Fiesta

Today was the day the each group had to do an interim presentation on their project work. It was the first time in Wuhan that everyone in the class was presenting in their own groups. Everyone was feeling the pressure, everyone was nervous including myself. However despite the pressure, everyone managed to calm their nerves down and presented their project work. Everyone had their own topic that is to be presented and my group's topic was on a track and field meet. The outline of the presentation is that despite the topics, each group had to present the topic's Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, Activity-on-Node (AON) and the GANTT Chart using the Microsoft Office Project. In my opinion, I think everyone did quite okay for this interim presentation despite having a few flaws in the presentation that Ms Neo pointed out. ^_^

After presentation, the class was let off for the day because we had to pack for the cruise to the Three Gorges tomorrow morning! So as I was walking back to my hostel, I found something. It was another dangerous symbol just behind the school canteen! It was a Class 3, flammable symbol. It was not surprising find a tanker with flammable liquid just behind the school canteen. Although it was not really surprising, I find it quite dangerous just parking the tanker behind the canteen. Just imagine what a huge explosion it could cause if something bad happened to the tanker. Think about it!

After resting for about 30 minutes in my dormitory, my friends and I were off to Wal-Mart to get our neccesities for the cruise! As we arrived at Wal-Mart, my growling stomach reminded me that we have not had our lunch so I suggested Pizza Hut! It was different the Pizza Hut in Wuhan. The layout of the restaurant was suprisingly pleasing to my eyes, different from the Pizza Hut in Singapore. Adding to the surprise was the size of the pizza! I think the medium size pizza in Wuhan is the same size as the large pizza in Singapore. It was really fun ordering something that is not what I expected. So all together, it cost us 500 over RMB. Although I can buy 50 packets of fried rice at the street stall near my dormitory with that amount of money, I consider it cheap comparing it to the price in Singapore and also taking into consideration the portion of the food given. ^_^


So after lunch, we headed to Wal-Mart to shop for our neccesities for the cruise. It was funny shopping with my guy friends Noor and Si Hao because we did not know what to buy with our limited amount of money. It was even more interesting looking at the girls just buying whatever they like such as seaweeds, crackers, potato chips, sweets and many more tidbits while we guys were buying bread, biscuits, mineral water and other foodstuffs that could make us full. The difference between the guys and the girls, we buy what is needed and not what we desire. I am not saying that it is true for all female but for most female, it is. ^_^

Reflection
Working together in a group is easier when everyone coorporates. Ever since I am in Wuhan, my group has been awesome. Nobody has created any problems and everyone is doing their part in making sure that everything is right. I think working together is very important to achieve success. I am not just saying about group project works but also other activities that require group work such as playing a team sport or even performing on stage. It is imperative that everyone contributes so that everything can run smoothly. There is no I in a Team, that is one phrase that I think is true. So throughout this overseas immersion programme in Wuhan, I will do my best to contribute to my group and also help my friends in the module that we are learning now so that we can all succeed together and not regret when we think about it in the future. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment