Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 6 - Interaction between Ngee Ann and WUST

Even though it was still cold, the sun was finally shining on us! It was the first time ever that I saw the sun shining so brightly but I was shivering at the same time because of the cold surrounding. It felt so weird! Normally in Singapore, the sun always comes with the hear but it was different in Wuhan during the end of the winter season. It was like meeting a friend who used to be always cheerful and warm but suddenly he or she gives me a cold shoulder. Despite the weird feeling, I still felt happy and excited because of the performance that I and my classmates will be doing at night during the interaction with the WUST students.

After a short 2 hours of school and lunch break, I and some of my classmates met at my room after dinner to discuss and prepare for our performance at night. Preparing for the skit that we were doing was quite fun! We made props, masks, wore costumes, rehearsed the acts and also learned the day song's dance, 'Reach for the Sky'.



Eline was the narrator for the whole performance so round of applause to her! ^_^ First up from MDE was the fashion show by Hazel, Cynthia, Charmaine and Ron! What they did was basically dressing up in cultural clothing; Hazel in a Chinese Chongsam, Cynthia in a Malay Kebaya, Charmaine in an Indian Sari and Ron in a Western summer wear. While they did their cat walk, everyone was making noise, laughing and cheering for them. It was a great start to the MDE's full performance. Well done people! ^_^


Next up was me, Jean, Amanda and Noor! So we were actually supposed to present the history of how Singapore was named but in the end we made it into a funny skit that everyone laughed at! I was Sang Nila Utama, Jean and Amanda were my ministers who were accompanying me hunting and Noor was the lion. We changed some parts of the story so that it will be a funny story that everyone can remember. One of the changes we made to the original story was that Sang Nila Utama was supposed to throw his crown into the sea but instead we changed it to throwing his expensive sunglasses! Another highligh of the short skit was Noor! He roared so loud while he was in the audience that everyone was laughing after they were shocked by him. It was so epic! ^_^

Next up was Tee Li, Janice and Wei Qin! They were acting the part in history where by Sir Stamford Raffles signed the treaty with Tengku Hussein for the transfer of control over Singapore. Wei Qin was Sir Stamford Raffles, Tee Li was Sir Stamford Raffles's assistant and Janice was Tengku Hussein. This was one of the most important times in Singapore's history because I think if Raffles had not signed the treaty with Tengku Hussein, Singapore might not be like what it is now. It may be like Malaysia and I do not think that I will be studying in Ngee Ann Polytechnic or even be on an Overseas Immersion Programme in Wuhan now!



So as the story goes on about how the old Singapore became the modern Singapore now and how the Malays, Chinese, Indians and all the other races helped mould Singapore into what it is now, war came and it was time for Si Hao, Daryl, Meow Lin, Mei Xiu and Soon Ling to express their feelings through a song by JJ Lin called 'Hui You Na Me Yi Tian'! The song was sung by Meow Lin and Mei Xiu and it was acted out by Si Hao, Daryl and Soon Ling. The main actors Si Hao and Daryl together with Soon Ling and the other calefare were really great that when I was acting as a dead soldier lying on the ground, I peeped and saw so many people standing up and camera flashes were coming from everywhere! It was awesome! ^_^


Last but not least, dance time! In charge of the dance and the one we must thank for teaching us were Wen Jie, Ling Li, Winnie and Yean Ting. Dancing to the Chinese version of 'Reach for the Sky' was a perfect ending to MDE's performance and I was glad that it went smoothly! A comment from one of the WUST students was, "That was great acting! Good job!" And of course, I said "Xie xie ni!" Seriously, I think the WUST students appreciate our effort more than the students in Singapore will ever appreciate. ^_^


Here are some random pictures! ^_^



Reflection
I think that interacting with the WUST students was a great idea because it allows the students from Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the students from WUST to bond with each other, thus turning from strangers to friends. What I noticed was that the China students were very spontaneous and very enthusiastic compared to the Singapore students. From this, it shows that the Chinese people do not really care what people think about them and that the Singaporeans are too self-conscious about themselves. I think Singaporeans should not have this character and should try to be more out-going so that when it comes to meeting new people, it would be easier and it would not be such a hard time. Furthermore, being too self-conscious means that one lack self-confidence. Taking this into consideration in real life, it will affect one's performance during project presentations, job interviews and even one's social circle. Thus I think after performing in front of a large audience today, I think most of us are now more confident of ourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment