Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 1 - Departing Singapore, Arriving At Wuhan

It's 12.30am in the morning now. 5 more hours before meeting at terminal 1 row 12! We have to bring our own thermometer to measure our temperature as temperature above 37.2 will affect the rest. I am so excited that I cannot sleep! Although my eyes are heavy now, I am still typing this post because firstly, I want to try out my new blog! Secondly, I want to have a head-start for my posts so that I will not be blur on what to blog on when I arrive at Wuhan. Thirdly, I am just letting time past! Oh well, I will post again when I get to Wuhan. Hopefully with beautiful pictures this time! Take care world! ^_^

It was 5am when I arrived at Changi Airport. It was rather empty as I walked into terminal 1, row 12. I was ready and excited to be able to finally fly to china! As I waited anxiously for my other friends to arrive, more and more people started pouring in. Some of the faces were happy faces while some were sad as they were going to leave their loved ones behind. However, as for me and my friends who were going to wuhan, we were delighted because it was finally the day that is going to change our lives! Well, maybe my life at least. My parents were rather glad after meeting my lecturer, Ms Neo. I could see it in their eyes that they trust Ms Neo and that she is going to take good care of us while we were in Wuhan. =]



So after a short photo-taking session and saying goodbyes to my parent, Southern China Airlines was awaiting for my arrival.


On the first flight to Guangzhou before transitting to another flight to Wuhan, I observed that various expressions were shown by the students of Ngee Ann Polytechnic. For one of my classmate, Noor, it was his first time taking an aeroplane. He was so excited that he read his seat number wrongly! It was funny seeing different expressions by different people. Some were very scared by just the thought of flying but for some, taking an aeroplane is common to them compared to me taking the MRT and bus to school! On the contrary, all of us were glad that the plane took off safely. For the record, the food on Southern China Airlines was not as bad as I expected. It was actually quite delicious! Oh wells, maybe that is why Southern China Airlines seems to be getting more customers these days.



Guangzhou airport is the most weird airport I have ever been too! First reason, they have a Mcdonald with only 3 choices of meal to choose from and all meals have no french fries. This is unacceptable! In Singapore, I have so many choices to choose from but in Guangzhou airport, I only had 3! However despite the 3 choices, customers will eventually have to give in and choose one of it due to hunger. Just like me. ^_^


Second reason, a fruit stall is being set up in the middle of the airport! I swear you can never see a fruit stall being set up in Changi Airport. I find this quite unique as it is somewhat a roadside stall but in a more high class area. What makes this fruit stall stand out is that it is surrounded by many branded designer shops, which makes the stall look inferior. ^_^








Thirdly, there is a so-called 'Gaurdian' departmental store in the airport called 'Hannings' . Maybe there is nothing strange about that but the contradicting thing is that 'Hannings' sells junk food despite having the sign "Health and Beauty"!



And lastly, there are police officers roaming around in the airport in a police buggy! I findthis inappropriate because firstly, driving the buggy actually takes up walking space in the airport. Secondly, it is dangerous because the airport is crowded and the driver might just hit anyone. Thirdly, I think it potrays a bad image of the police. To me, it shows that police is lazy to roam the area by walking and is taking the easy way out by driving a buggy which has a police logo and the famous red and blue light on top. Personally, I do not think there will be such a thing in Singapore because I think that the security in Singapore is strong and strict enough to not have police buggies roaming around the airport.








At last, I arrive in Wuhan safe and sound. The weather here now is very cold! I saw vapours coming out of my mouth when I speak! And I saw something useful. DANGEROUS GOODS SYMBOLS! ;D




In the bus on the way to WUST, I actually interacted with a local student named Gao Zhao Ran . He has been in WUST for only six months taking business finance course. Although his english is not that good, but his hospitality was awesome. After I settled in the dormitory, he took me and my friends out for dinner. He actually treated us to dinner too which was totally unexpected. I was very grateful that I met such a nice person. So far, the first day of this OIP has gone quite well and I cannot wait for the rest of it. (;








Reflection
Although much of today was spent on the flight and getting to Wuhan, but the time spent was worthwhile. I saw many things in China that I will never see in Singapore. Each time I see something out of the ordinary in China be it on the streets or at the airport, it never fails to remind me how lucky I am to be living in a beautiful place like Singapore and being a Singaporean. Being able to speak a common language in Singapore is really something important. I realised that if we cannot speak a language well, it is very hard to communicate. However I am sure that with heart and determination, learning a language and mastering it is easy. Meeting the students of WUST has been very inspiring to me because despite the language barrier, they are still willing to lend a helping hand and I appreciate that a lot. Day 2, coming to you soon ! Take care ! ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment