Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 29 - Practical Test

There was practical test today! Test started at 9.30am, so I woke up at around 7.30am to study and make sure that I know more or less the things I learnt. As I walk into the test room, I can sense that many of the students are feeling the pressure. As good as they are in their previous test, most of the students are not confident of doin well for the practical test. So as I sat down and started doing the test, I was glad that everything went quite well. However because everyone had negative thoughts after the test, my feelings of satisfaction was crushed by worries. Well, I cannot aything now to change my test answers.

After the test, we had about 2 hours of break. During the break, Noor, Si Hao and me had lunch and went to explore the WUST campus after that! There were quite a few interesting things that the three of us saw. The first thing that we saw as we walked back to the campus was a man carrying so many charcoal! These charcoal are actually used by some of the food stalls outside WUST to cook their food. I know this because I witness a food stall using the charcoal to cook potatoes! ^_^


So we started to explore WUST. The first thing we did was to climb up to the rooftop of one of the buildings. Although it was not a tall building, I felt like I was on top of another mountain. I felt like I was on top of the world! I can see the whole WUST campus from the rooftop. ^_^

The second thing we did was to explore the toilets! The toilets in WUST was similar to the toilets in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. The main difference was the layout of the toilet. The layout of the toilets in WUST were old and mainly made of white tiles whereas the toilets in Ngee Ann Polytechnic was very well built with tiles of different colours. After going into the toilets in WUST, I finally felt priveleged to have such nice toilets back in Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

The third thing I saw was a mat that states the day in a lift of the main building! I was told by one of the staff there that the mat changes everyday and today is thursday! It was really interesting as I have never seen such things before. Imagine if Ngee Ann implemented this idea. I am sure that nobody will forget what day it is again! ^_^


After that, the three of us entered a lecture theater in WUST. The lecture theater consisted of 2 chalk boards, wooden chairs and tables. The concept of WUST's lecture theater actually gave me the urge to stay in the class when the lesson started but due to time constain, I could not crash the class. At least I get to sit in the lecture theater and experience how it feels like to be sitting in the class! ^_^


After exploring WUST, time was up and we had to head back to class. In class, Miss Neo taught us the last chapter on Teams and Diversity. There are 2 important factors for recognizing the need for teams. The 2 factors are downsizing with the elimination of layers of organizations increases the number of people reporting to each manager and increased employee productivity occur when effective teams are utilized. Diversity also plays an important role in the development of business globalisation. In fact, it is one of its building pillars. Businesses that have a competent and diverse workforce will have a competitive advantage in the international marketplace.

Reflection
To me, diversity is not only about cultural differences but also about age, gender, race and religion. All of these factors are equally important. The mix of competencies involved in the wider diversity offers a range of opportunities, provided that the focus of the workforce is on skills and competencies and provided those skills and competencies can be deployed effectively and easily. Let us take Singapore as an example. It is impressive how Singapore has developed over recent decades to become the leading business centre in Asia-Pacific for international businesses it is today. It has attracted not only companies t set up their regional offices in Singapore to oversee their investments in the region, but also multinationals which have chosen Singapore as the location for their global headquarters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment