Fathullah Soaring To Wuhan !
I'd never given much thought to how I would spent my holidays but fate has. So follow me on this exciting, extraodinary suspenseful life-changing trip to Wuhan!

Day 31 - History Collides with DongHu

Today I went to the Hubei Provincial Museum! I went to explore most sections in the museum. Here are the sections.
1) Introduction to "Records on Jiuliandun"
2) Panlongcheng: a Brief Introduction
3) Brief Introduction to the Exhibition of Qujialing
4) Introduction to "Writing History"
5) Introduction to "Ancient Porcelain"
6) Brief Introduction to Yunxian Man
7) Introduction to the Art of Lacquered Articles in the Qin and Han Dynasties
8) Luminaries in Hubei during a Century: A Brief Introduction
9) Introduction to Prince Liangzhuang's Tomb

After the museum, we went to the east lake which was less than 5 minutes ride away from the museum. After being briefed by the tour guide about the meeting time and the map of the east lake, we were on our own to have our picnic-based lunch, enjoy the beautiful scenery and play the games that are available there! ^_^

After returning from the east lake, we went to make our hair at one of the best hair saloons in China, Yes I Do! The hair saloon was outstanding! Not only were there many customers, but the numbr of hairsylists and workers there were a lot too! Most of the hairsylist at the saloon were male. I would not know the difference between the working style here compared to the saloons in Singapore but I am sure that the service here is much better. What I was told from my friends is that the workers in Singapore are all rounder, where majority of the time one will be in charge of everything but in China, the workers are all have specific jobs and specialty. The changing of our hairstyle took about more than 3 hours total and here are the results! ^_^


Reflection

Today at the saloon, I realized that the workers there love what they do. They cut our hair with pleasure and not because they are forced to do it. They cut and designed our hair to the last detail. Its not about the job, its their focus while doing it that inspires it. It does not get old how the workers in China are passionate about what they do. Be it cooking at a food stall at the back street, selling clothing at shopping centres or even being a hairsylist at a saloon, all of them have one thing in common and that is passion. They do what they love and they do it to perfection. If most Singaporeans have their character, I think Singapore will be a city to be reckon with. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment